I know how bad it feels. You want to have your face somewhere on the internet but don’t want to hassle around with buying a private domain nor want to spent anything for it. Maybe you just want a simple blog, post your CV in a cool fashion or whatever your reason is.
So of course there’s always an *, this one coming in that your domain will be a subdomain, meaning if your website name should be ninja, your full url would be www.ninja.flospot.com , since there is no way of registering your own top-level domain for free.
Now what do you need ? A host, a static ip address, a reason and a little patience.
- Find out what the static ip of your host is, and if your hosting it on a local pc (raspberry pi, NAS etc) make sure all the ports are open and the host can be reached.
- Type in your ip address into the top bar of your browser and check if your website pops up
- Check if your idea is already taken, by typing in the full url. If nothing comes up, you’re in luck.
- Email me ([email protected]) or leave a comment down below why you need your own domain, I will get to you as fast as possible
- Have patience, since I’m doing everything manually and still have other hobbies
Enjoy your free domain